Dr.Tushar S. Jadhav
MBBS, MS (Gen Surgery), DNB (Surgical Oncology), M.Ch ( Breast Oncoplasty,UEA,UK)- Ongoing
Global fellow ( IFHNOS,MSKCC,NEWYORK)
Fellow (Breast and Thoracic Services –Tata memorial hospital, Mumbai)
European board Of surgery Qualification ( EBSQ)- Breast Surgery
National Fellow in Palliative Medicine
Travelling Fellow in Breast Oncoplasty and ADM reconstruction
Fellow in Senology and Breast Surgery
( MHDCC, Dusseldorf, Germany)
ESSO Course ( Advanced Breast Oncoplasty)
Fellow in Breast Implants and microvascular flap reconstruction
Cytoreductive Surgery and HIPEC Hamburg( Germany)
- Tumor Board Secretary, Sevenhills Hospital, Mumbai
- Joint Organizing secretary, Laparoscopic Oncosurg Conference, Sevenhills Hospital, Mumbai.
- Lectures for Nursing training, Sevenhills Hospital and Nursing college
Principle Co Investigator- TRI0702- Multicenter, Open label, Phase III-b Randomised clinical trial for Enoxaparin in inoperable gastric and esophageal cancers
Current clinical Trials-
1.Axillary sampling Vs SLNB ( Dye technique) in N0 Axilla
- Incidence of level 3 axillary Ln mets in relation to level 1 and 2 LN status
- I) Abdominoscrotal Hydrocoele – A rare presentation in BHJ( ISSN-05240182)-Vol. No. 46 / 2005
- ii) Isolated Hydatid cyst of the lesser sac- BHJ ( ISSN – 05240182)-Vol No.48 /2006.
1.Role of primary progesterone therapy in early Breast Cancer Prospective study for evaluation of DFS and OS
2.Three field Radical esophagectomy versus two field Esophagectomy – Prospective Randomized Controlled Trial
3.Role of palliative gastrectomy in metastatic gastric carcinoma
Overseas experience –
- Selected for Travelling fellowship in HIPEC after CRS ( ESSO- Hamburg,Germany)
- ESSO course of Advanced breast Oncoplasty, Naples, Italy
- Breast Oncoplasty and ADM reconstruction Guys Hospital, Kings College of Medicine, university of London, U.K.
- Breast Implants and microvascular flap reconstructions NUH, Singapore
- Visiting scholar -Breast oncoplastic reconstruction, MHDCC, Dusseldorf , Germany ( Prof W Aldratech)
- Gold medal (ENT) – III/I MBBS final examinations-2001, Shivaji University, Kolhapur.
- Gold Medal (Ophthalmology)-III/I/ MBBS final examinations-2001, Shivaji University.
- Univerity Rank I in III final examinations, MBBS, Shivaji University ,Kolhapur.
- Universty I rank-MS (General Surgery) examinations-2007, Mumbai University,
During the career of 8 years as Surgical oncologist, I feel blessed to have had an opportunity to manage successfully more than 1000 breast cancer and more than 700 head –neck cases independently. I got an opportunity to fulfil my passion to perform various operative procedures like excisional biopsies, breast conservation surgeries ,modified radical and radical mastectomies, , oncoplasties, various breast reconstructions, implants, mammo localisation and guided excision of breast lesions, sentinel LN biopsy, Axillary sampling,entinel LN Biopsy, microdochectomies, chemoport insertions, supraclavicular fossa clearance, internal mammary Ln clearance and thoracoplasty , Commando, Total thyroidectomy, total laryngectomy, hemi – total glassectomy , various radical and Modified radical Neck dissections etc. I have pursued my National Fellowship in Palliative Medicine, also, to enable me to deliver optimum care to terminally ill cancer patients. Tata fellowship had enabled to handle neoadjuvant and adjuvant chemotherapy and hormonal therapy too. I have been instrumental in organising many CMEs and National conferences here in the hospital and I am especially interested on teaching and conducting lectures. I try to be updated with recent advances and keep in touch of the subject by following various conferences, reading journals and publications. I am proud to say that I have a few good publications to my credit.
Areas of Special Interests-
Peritoneal surface oncology and HIPEC/PIPEC
Breast conservation surgery with various Oncoplasties
Delayed and Immediate whole breast reconstructions
Sentinel Lymph node biopsy and tailormade axillary approach
Intraoperative RT techniques.
Image guided Breast surgery
Minimal Invasive /Robotic approaches axilla
Prophylactic surgeries and reconstructions
Head Neck oncoplasty and base skull Approaches
Robotic Head –Neck Surgery