Dr. Amit Patil
MBBS, MS (Gen. Surgery), MCH (Plastic Surgery), MCh (Breast oncoplasty), PhD (Head and Neck Oncology) Lokmanya Tilak Medical college and Hospital, Sion, Mumbai, MCh in Breast Oncoplasty
Fellowship in Hand & Microsurgery & Trauma Reconstruction,
Ganga Medical Centre & Hospitals Pvt Ltd, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India.
Training in microsurgery in Cancer Reconstruction at TATA MEMORIAL CANCER HOSPITAL, Mumbai, India.
MCh in Breast Oncoplasty [university of east Anglia, UK]
PhD in Surgical Navigation in Head and Neck Oncology [JJ Hospital, Mumbai and MUHS, Nashik.]
Awards and Scholarships:
Ratan Tata Scholarship for being meritorious during M.B.B.S. in Seth G.S. medical college and K.E.M. Hospital.
Atlas Of Operative Surgical Oncology – one of the authors
Discovery Channel Documentary
The Boy With Giant Hands – as one of treating Doctors. Telecasted on 26th Dec 2016 on Discovery Channel.
Presentations and Publications :
Abstracts and Poster Presentation:
- Rectal Melanoma with long term survival after Abnominal perineal resection. 12th Congress of Asian Federation of Coloproctology 2009.
- Finger PIP joint reconstruction with conchal cartilage.
- Safely thinning of Anterolateral Thigh Free Flap. APSICON 2015
- Variation in Internal Topography of Musculocutaneous Nerve. APSICON 2015
- GalleaAponeurotica Flap for Skull Base Defect. APSICON 2015
- 1: Patil AV, Singhai R, Bhamre RS, Patil VW. Ki-67 biomarker in breast cancer of
Indian women. N Am J Med Sci. 2011 Mar;3(3):119-28. doi: 10.4297/najms.2011.3119.
PubMed PMID: 22540077; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3336898.
Singhai R, Patil V, Patil A.
- Immunohistochemical (IHC) HER-2/neu and fluorescent-in situ hybridization (FISH) gene amplification of breast cancer in Indian women. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2011;12(1):179-83. PubMed PMID: 21517254.3: Singhai R, Patil V, Patil A.
- Status of HER-2/neu receptors and Ki-67 in breast cancer of Indian women. Int J Appl Basic Med Res. 2011 Jan;1(1):15-9. doi: 10.4103/2229-516X.81974. PubMed PMID: 23776766; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3657947.4: Patil VW, Singhai R, Patil AV.
- Evaluation of Tamoxifen Therapy in Pre-Menopausal and Post-Menopausal patients of breast cancer: a comparative study. Journal of Research in Medical Education and Ethics. Vol. 1, No. 1, March, 2011 : 35-41.